Who can add ward profile pictures?

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cathpete

Who can add ward profile pictures?

Postby cathpete » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:12 am

I am the website administrator for our ward. Our Bishop asked me to find out if there's a way to allow a ward member to add pictures to other members' directory profiles if this person was given that particular calling and not a member of the bishopric.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:27 am

cathpete wrote:I am the website administrator for our ward. Our Bishop asked me to find out if there's a way to allow a ward member to add pictures to other members' directory profiles if this person was given that particular calling and not a member of the bishopric.

A ward website administrator can manage photos for the Directory (see Directory roles and responsibilities); this requires that this person is given the standard calling Website Administrator in MLS.

Under the direction of the bishop, a ward may have more than one website administrator. Be aware, however, that each of these website administrators will have administrative privileges for multiple tools: the Directory, the Calendar, and soon the Lesson Schedules. But aside from being a member of the bishopric or a clerk or executive secretary, being made a website administrator is the only way a member can add pictures to directory profiles (beyond their own household).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Directory”