connecting directory to my gmail account

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
williacy1

connecting directory to my gmail account

Postby williacy1 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:23 pm

I knew how to do this one time before, I need to be able to e mail from lds.org but my gmail account will only come up but not directly into the compose part of the e mail. Please help me.
williacy1

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:38 pm

williacy1 wrote:I knew how to do this one time before, I need to be able to e mail from lds.org but my gmail account will only come up but not directly into the compose part of the e mail. Please help me.

Follow the instructions for Making Gmail your default mail application.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

williacy1

Postby williacy1 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:57 pm

well, that did not do what I wanted. Whenever I click in the ward directory onto someone's e mail address, it use to just go to my outlook and I had some help to change the default but I do not think it is complete. Reason, it goes to the gmail account however, it does not automatically open the compose part. So I am loosing the e mail address somewhere because it is not going to the place where you would compose your letter. Automatically putting the address in the proper field.

I really think that I am truly being challenged today. I have tried to follow the directions, however, the gear icon will not pull anything down, so I guess I will need someone to come in and help me. Thanks.

rbeede

Postby rbeede » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:07 pm

I had a similar problem with 64-bit Windows 7. I installed Gmail Notifier and told it to make gmail my default. That solved it and opened the Compose window whenever I clicked on an e-mail.

colingardner

Postby colingardner » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:47 pm

Dear...Connecting Diectory to G-mail account:

I will tell you how I do, I've done this several times, on my "Archos Tablet:"

step 1: Reply to tread..or be on the page that you want someone else to view.
step 2: click on options for that page.
step 3: click on "Share Page"
step 4: Then your mail options will show on the screen..I have G-mail and Juno.
step 5: Then your selected E-mail screen will show up withe the "citation" when anyone clicking on will appear next on the screen.

2nd method:
step 1: Be on the page that you want others to see, click on "Bookmarkg
step 2: Save that Bookmark...& "copy the Bookmark as you see it...character by character.
step 3: Copy that "citation" into the "body" of your G-mail program
step 4: Test the copied citation by "clicking on it ...When this is true go to step 5.
step 5: Send e-mail to the intented person.

Return to “Directory”