Photos not showing up after upload.

Discussions about the Directory Tool on lds.org. Questions about the Directory on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ammonihah

Photos not showing up after upload.

Postby ammonihah » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:23 pm

Member logs in, adds a family photo and then adds a individual photo. The family shows up but the individual does not. All appropriate check boxes are set to show in the directory. Any ideas?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:55 pm

ammonihah wrote:Member logs in, adds a family photo and then adds a individual photo. The family shows up but the individual does not. All appropriate check boxes are set to show in the directory. Any ideas?

An administrator needs to approve the photo before it is visible to anyone else. I've seen mixed results on the question of whether the person can see an unapproved photo; it might depend on if the individual photo is for that member, or someone else in his household.

In any case, if an administrator approves the photos, they should then be visible.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

ammonihah

Postby ammonihah » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:08 pm

So a ward clerk would need to log in and approve each of the pictures.. correct?

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:56 pm

ammonihah wrote:So a ward clerk would need to log in and approve each of the pictures.. correct?
Any ward administrator including the ward website administrator can approve the photos.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:56 pm

ammonihah wrote:So a ward clerk would need to log in and approve each of the pictures.. correct?

I'm sorry if my link was too subtle. I did say "An administrator needs to approve..." -- the link for the word "administrator" takes you to the entire list of callings that are directory administrators.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Directory”