administrator

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
elwisdom

administrator

Post by elwisdom »

I'm an administor for our branch. I uploaded pictures. Where do I go to "approve" them? I can approve things on the old site but not the new site. I don't see a place to click on "administor".
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The privileges on the old site are not connected to the new one. To get privileges on the new site, you must be entered with the correct calling using the standard calling in the ward's MLS system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Those who have default administrator roles are listed here. Those default administrators can add others as administrators.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:Those default administrators can add others as administrators.

Default admins can designate building schedulers, and add editors to specific calendars, but I think the only way to get full admin rights is via MLS callings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

They could under LUWS, but not under the new system. (I assume we're ignoring Building Scheduler in the new calendar).

The only way to become an admin is to have the right calling in MLS. Details.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:

They could under LUWS, but not under the new system. (I assume we're ignoring Building Scheduler in the new calendar).

The only way to become an admin is to have the right calling in MLS. Details.
Let's not confuse our systems here.
  • For the Directory, it is true that the only way to be an administrator is to have the right calling.
  • For the Calendar, it is true that default administrators (who have to have the right calling) can add other administrators, who then have full administrative capabilities, except for the ability to add other administrators. Of course, ward administrators have different permissions from stake administrators.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

RussellHltn wrote:They could under LUWS, but not under the new system. (I assume we're ignoring Building Scheduler in the new calendar).

The only way to become an admin is to have the right calling in MLS.
Sorry I forgot to check that the thread is about the directory and not the calendar.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:For the Calendar, it is true that default administrators (who have to have the right calling) can add other administrators, who then have full administrative capabilities, except for the ability to add other administrators. Of course, ward administrators have different permissions from stake administrators.

Huh. I checked Calendar rights and roles and didn't see any indication that default admins could add other other admins. The only hint I found was in the language itself since "default admin" doesn't make much sense if there's no other type of admin.

I should have gone into the calendar instead.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:Huh. I checked Calendar rights and roles and didn't see any indication that default admins could add other other admins. The only hint I found was in the language itself since "default admin" doesn't make much sense if there's no other type of admin.
Actually, the Calendar rights and roles article does say (in the Administrator role section) "Default administrators have the same rights as other administrators, except that default administrators can manage the list of administrators." The ability to "manage the list of administrators" does imply that they can add other admins.

And then the Managing rights and roles article has an entire section called Add administrators, which says "Ward default administrators can designate additional administrators for ward calendars. Stake default administrators can designate additional administrators for stake calendars. However, only default administrators can designate new administrators."

So I think the documentation does cover this issue quite adequately.
RussellHltn wrote:I should have gone into the calendar instead.
That would have worked, too.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”