New Ward -- URGENT -- Humanitarian Contact

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
talavoucali

New Ward -- URGENT -- Humanitarian Contact

Post by talavoucali »

I am currently an inactive member and have come across an urgent situation that I was hoping my bishop could assist with. I was able to find out who my bishop is but was unable to contact him as he is out if town. I searched and searched for the names of my ward's missionaries or the first counselor and have been unsuccessful in doing so. It is urgent that I get in touch with someone who can assist as soon as possible. How do I find out this information? Help!?! Please.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: New Ward -- URGENT -- Humanitarian Contact

Post by rmrichesjr »

If you use the Meetinghouse Locator, you can find the address of the meetinghouse and the Sunday meeting times. In all the wards I have been in recently, the bishopric and usually other top ward leaders meet 2-3 hours before the regular full-ward meeting block. If you can go there or send someone, you should be able to find the bishop's counselors. However, if this weekend is stake conference, you would likely need to go to the stake center to find anyone.

In case you found your bishop's name and contact information without using the meetinghouse locator, to use the meetinghouse locator, go to the Church website, look for "Find a Meetinghouse" in about the middle of the page. Enter an address.
mevans

Re: New Ward -- URGENT -- Humanitarian Contact

Post by mevans »

You might also try contacting other bishops in the stake. Maybe another unit meets in the same building? It's not always the same stake, but you might find someone who can assist you.

Since it appears you have an LDS account, if your records are in the ward where you reside, you can log in and look at your ward directory: https://www.lds.org/directory

If your records are not in the ward where you live, that makes it more difficult. You could try calling the local mission office.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”