Directory will not fully Populate

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
JohnCLarson

Directory will not fully Populate

Post by JohnCLarson »

I am an "out of unit" member (Senior Couple Missionary) of the Tirana, Albania stake. I've entered myself as the Vlore ward Executive Secretary in the ward MLS system. The stake also entered me in the Stake MLS as a High Councilman. When I access the Stake Directory (Leadership - Stake Presidency) I only see listed the executive secretary and two clerks - No member of the stake presidency shows. When I open the list of high counsel only 3 others and myself show - there are 7 others. After reading several posts on this form I thought that I was having a "privacy" issue. But when I asked the Stake Clerk log into LDS.org he is able to bring up all the stake presidency and all the high council members. Can I do anything to access all the membership and leadership names and contact information?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Elder Larson
eblood66

Re: Directory will not fully Populate

Post by eblood66 »

Johnclarson wrote:I am an "out of unit" member (Senior Couple Missionary) of the Tirana, Albania stake. I've entered myself as the Vlore ward Executive Secretary in the ward MLS system. The stake also entered me in the Stake MLS as a High Councilman. When I access the Stake Directory (Leadership - Stake Presidency) I only see listed the executive secretary and two clerks - No member of the stake presidency shows. When I open the list of high counsel only 3 others and myself show - there are 7 others. After reading several posts on this form I thought that I was having a "privacy" issue. But when I asked the Stake Clerk log into LDS.org he is able to bring up all the stake presidency and all the high council members. Can I do anything to access all the membership and leadership names and contact information?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Elder Larson
Yes, that sounds like a privacy setting issue. The leaders you can't see probably have their privacy settings set to something other than 'Stake Visibility'. The Stake Clerk will see everyone regardless of privacy settings but a High Councilman will only see those who have 'Stake Visibility' or those who are in the same ward who have 'Ward Visibility'. The only thing you can do to get better visibility is to either get the leaders to change their privacy settings or to be called as an Assistant Stake Clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Directory will not fully Populate

Post by russellhltn »

Find a "normal member" of the ward, someone who is not on the ward council, and see what they see.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”