Is there a way to see member DOBs?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
splinter223

Is there a way to see member DOBs?

Post by splinter223 »

I'm the primary president in my ward and I need to make a list of incoming nursery for 2015. I thought I'd have access to member birthdays with my calling, but apparently, I do not. Am I missing something? Is there a way I can access this information? I have requested a list like this from our ward clerk, but he is very busy and I need to move forward with planning.
Thanks for any help you can provide!
eblood66

Re: Is there a way to see member DOBs?

Post by eblood66 »

splinter223 wrote:I'm the primary president in my ward and I need to make a list of incoming nursery for 2015. I thought I'd have access to member birthdays with my calling, but apparently, I do not. Am I missing something? Is there a way I can access this information? I have requested a list like this from our ward clerk, but he is very busy and I need to move forward with planning.
Thanks for any help you can provide!
I'm not sure of exactly what information Primary leaders have but you may have access to birthdates for children in the Primary on Leader Resources.
mevans

Post by mevans »

When you access Leader Resources, as mentioned by eblood66, go to the Reports menu. You can choose Member List and Birthday List to get different views on the data.

Looking at Member List, you can click on the birth date column to sort it by date. Clicking on it again toggles whether it sorts from oldest to youngest or youngest to oldest. Although it shows you the entire ward, this will allow you to quickly narrow down on the subset you care about.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mevans wrote:Looking at Member List, you can click on the birth date column to sort it by date. Clicking on it again toggles whether it sorts from oldest to youngest or youngest to oldest. Although it shows you the entire ward, this will allow you to quickly narrow down on the subset you care about.
Even better, you can use the Organization dropdown in the Member List to filter the results to show only the Primary (or you can use this direct link the the Primary Member List). It will include all members of Primary, including those who have already turned 12 but still attend the Valiant 11 class during Sunday School. Even within this filtered list, you can sort by age as mentioned earlier if you want to focus on those a certain age.
mevans

Post by mevans »

aebrown wrote: Even better, you can use the Organization dropdown in the Member List to filter the results to show only the Primary (or you can use this direct link the the Primary Member List). It will include all members of Primary, including those who have already turned 12 but still attend the Valiant 11 class during Sunday School. Even within this filtered list, you can sort by age as mentioned earlier if you want to focus on those a certain age.
Thanks for pointing out that sort, aebrown. I knew it was there on the attendance rolls screen and here it was staring me in the face on the Member List and I missed it.

For splinter223's purpose of figuring out who's joining nursery in 2015, I notice there's a Primary class called Pre-Nursery. That gives everyone to newborns, but it should be pretty easy to filter out those who won't be 18 months yet.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”