nonmembers

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
allenfg

nonmembers

Post by allenfg »

is there any way that non-members who attend several times a month can somehow be acknowledged on the records so their name shows up on the rolls, so they aren't forgotten when the teachers look at the rolls for planning events?

Also for a divorced parent who bring his child every other week, but the record is in the other ward? These kind of kids get forgotten when planning the primary programs, reminders, special invites, etc.

I know when i was little, kids away to college were pink slipped so they were shown was members but away.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: nonmembers

Post by jdlessley »

allenfg wrote:is there any way that non-members who attend several times a month can somehow be acknowledged on the records so their name shows up on the rolls, so they aren't forgotten when the teachers look at the rolls for planning events?
Yes, create a nonmember record and manually add them to the class rolls. Remember to get their permission to create the nonmember record.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:Yes, create a nonmember record and manually add them to the class rolls. Remember to get their permission to create the nonmember record.
But I think that only works for reports/rolls from MLS. It certainly doesn't show in the on-line directory or LDS Tools. I'm not sure about LCR, but I doubt it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:But I think that only works for reports/rolls from MLS.
You're right. I keyed on 'rolls' and was only thinking of class rolls. It did not occur to me to look at the forum the thread was in and translate 'roll's into 'directories'.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The directory isn't a good place to go for rolls. If the family sets their privacy to "leadership only" the family will disappear to all but the bishopric/clerks.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

russellhltn wrote:The directory isn't a good place to go for rolls.
But LCR can print rolls. I don't know if a nonmember record shows up there.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mfmohlma wrote:
russellhltn wrote:The directory isn't a good place to go for rolls.
But LCR can print rolls. I don't know if a nonmember record shows up there.
No, nonmembers don't appear on LCR. Nonmember records are local to MLS. So if you want nonmembers included on your rolls, MLS is your only option.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”