download calendar from website to ipad

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ivanulloa

download calendar from website to ipad

Post by ivanulloa »

Could anyone tell me if it is possible to download the calendar to the ipad
as it shows on lds. org ( a month per page) with all the auxilliaries information.

Is it even possible to get a blank monthly blank page?

Ivan
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

I'm not sure I understand your question. When I look at our Ward calendar on a PC and use the "Print" button it has an option to download a PDF version of the calendar. Are you wanting to do the same on an iPad? So far that doesn't work on my iPad (1st Generation). It looks like it's going to work but then it stops before it completes the task. But I can easily create the PDF on a PC and send it to the iPad some other way.

As far as getting a blank page, can you just un-check all the calendar subscriptions and print a page that way? Are you looking for a paper print-out or just a blank calendar to view on the screen? Again, I'm not sure I understand what you want.
ThomsonMA

Post by ThomsonMA »

You can "subscribe" to an ical feed of the lds.org calendar. That will give you a read-only copy of the calendar within the iPad's default calendar program.

From the lds.org calendar, select "settings" -> "sync". That will take you to the calendar sync page. On that page select "Apple iCal". There you will see a url that will be used to access your calendar. Make note of that URL (if you are doing this from Safari on the iPad, you can select and copy the url).

On the iPad, under settings, select "Mail, Contact, Calendars". On the right side, choose "Add Account...". Then choose "Other". Then "Add Subscribed Calendar". On the pop-up window in the field for "Server", enter or paste the URL from the lds.org calendar, and click "next" at the top of the window. You'll need to provide your LDSAccount credentials, and probably want to rename the calendar something like "Stake Calendar". Then click done.

Now from the calendar app, under the "Calendars" menu button (top left) you should see your lds.org calendar (whatever you called it) available to be displayed. You can toggle on or off whether you want those items listed.

Return to “Calendar”