Two Stakes Using the Same Building

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jeffsnoy

Two Stakes Using the Same Building

Postby jeffsnoy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:57 pm

Has anyone had any experience using the new calendar scheduling system with two wards in different stakes using the same building? Some questions:
1. If you schedule an event will the system prevent double booking the resource from the other ward?
2. How can the building scheduler see events from the other ward?
3. Are there any suggestions for best practices for my situation?
I am a stake clerk and am trying to help the building scheduler get a handle on this.
Thank you.
Jeff

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:01 pm

jeffsnoy wrote:Has anyone had any experience using the new calendar scheduling system with two wards in different stakes using the same building? Some questions:
1. If you schedule an event will the system prevent double booking the resource from the other ward?
2. How can the building scheduler see events from the other ward?
3. Are there any suggestions for best practices for my situation?
I am a stake clerk and am trying to help the building scheduler get a handle on this.

See the help system under Locations and resources shared by multiple stakes. If you follow those instructions, there will be no double booking. Any member assigned to the building (including the building scheduler) can see the events for any unit that are scheduled for the building.

It's really not that different from seeing events for another ward in your building.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”