Printing Weekly Calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
drepouille

Printing Weekly Calendar

Post by drepouille »

Just for fun, I tried printing the weekly calendar view to a PDF file. Whether I chose portrait or landscape, it still only printed from 7 AM to 7 PM. I had no control over the times printed.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Dana
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

drepouille wrote:Just for fun, I tried printing the weekly calendar view to a PDF file. Whether I chose portrait or landscape, it still only printed from 7 AM to 7 PM. I had no control over the times printed.

I just printed a weekly calendar and it used the range 7am - 10pm. It's the same in Landscape or Portrait. The latest event in that week ends at 10pm. When I hid the calendar that had the event ending at 10pm, the range changed to end at 9pm (now the latest visible event ends at 9pm). So I wonder if your latest visible event in the week you are printing ends at 7pm, and that's why your time range ends at 7pm.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Interesting. The weekly calendar I tried to print contained both reservations and events. I thought I had both reservations and events between 6:30 PM and 9:00 PM. I can understand reservations being omitted from the printed event calendar.

I was just trying to compare notes with people from a neighboring stake that has one of its wards meeting in one of our meetinghouses. We are trying to understand the visibility rules between stakes. I thought I could create a PDF file of what I see, and send it to the other stake so we could see the differences between our two viewpoints.

Dana
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:I thought I could create a PDF file of what I see, and send it to the other stake so we could see the differences between our two viewpoints.

If you're using Windows, you could try Shift-PrtScn, pasting it in Paint, and saving it to a JPEF file.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I see what happened now. Since I hid all calendars, I could SEE the evening events only because I had added myself as a building scheduler, but I could not PRINT those events. You can only print events from calendars that are NOT hidden. Makes perfect sense.

Now if I were a real building scheduler, I might just want the ability to print reservations. However, there is no Print button on the Reservations calendar, and reservations that can be seen on the weekly event calendar are not captured for printing. Many building schedulers like to have a hard copy scheduler that they can refer to when people call.

Thanks,
Dana
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

drepouille wrote:I see what happened now. Since I hid all calendars, I could SEE the evening events only because I had added myself as a building scheduler
You're right that only events on subscribed and visible calendars are included in the printout. But the fact that you could see those events on invisible calendars has nothing to do with your being a building scheduler -- it's because you had checked the box by the location(s) in the Locations section of the calendar Week view. Any member can do that.
drepouille wrote:Now if I were a real building scheduler, I might just want the ability to print reservations. However, there is no Print button on the Reservations calendar, and reservations that can be seen on the weekly event calendar are not captured for printing. Many building schedulers like to have a hard copy scheduler that they can refer to when people call.
Indeed it would be helpful to print the reservations calendar, as requested in a couple of recent threads:
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”