Date and time setting

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
nwb1

Date and time setting

Postby nwb1 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:26 pm

I see the listing for time zone shows a list with major cities. Such as America then Denver. How about making it much easier. America then Eastern, and Central, and Mountain, and Pacific. I know those time zones. Is Denver in Mountain or Central time zone? Where is the major city for the 2 time zones in North Dakota?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:40 pm

nwb1 wrote:I see the listing for time zone shows a list with major cities. Such as America then Denver. How about making it much easier. America then Eastern, and Central, and Mountain, and Pacific. I know those time zones.

The system being used in the Calendar for specifying time zones is an international standard (tz database) that is superior to your suggestion of the US-centric style Eastern, Central, Mountain, and Pacific. For example, is Phoenix in Mountain Time? Sometimes yes (Winter), sometimes no (Summer).

nwb1 wrote:Is Denver in Mountain or Central time zone?

The America/Denver time zone is also known in the US-centric time zone scheme as "Mountain Time".

nwb1 wrote:Where is the major city for the 2 time zones in North Dakota?

The eastern portion of North Dakota is in America/Chicago; the western portion is in America/Denver.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”