Why won't LDS Tools on my IPad display new calendar?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Dale81355

Why won't LDS Tools on my IPad display new calendar?

Post by Dale81355 »

A new Calendar was added under the Relief Society to list the sunday lesson schedules. You can see it at LDS.org on the computer, but it will not display on my IPad on LDS Tools. What's going on
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dale81355 wrote:A new Calendar was added under the Relief Society to list the sunday lesson schedules. You can see it at LDS.org on the computer, but it will not display on my IPad on LDS Tools. What's going on

Have you subscribed to the calendar at LDS.org and have you then gone to LDS Tools on your iPad and had it download/refresh/update (whatever it does) the calendar there? Those are two things that need to happen before you will see events from the new calendar on your iPad.

And if you have done both of those things, I am out of ideas, but someone else here may have some.
Dale81355

New Calendar vs IPad

Post by Dale81355 »

I have checked and I am subscribed to all calendars.
I have done a fresh download on LDS Tools, but I still cannot see the new calendar.
It was added under the Highland Ward - Murray Parkway Stake - Releif Society - Calendar.
It displays on the computer, but is not an option to display on the IPad.
Any further Ideas?
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

To get a recent calendar that was added by our ward to show up on the iPad LDS Tools app I had to go to "Setup" and tap "Clear All Data". Once I downloaded all the data again AFTER the clear, the new calendars would show up and can be refreshed. Kind of a pain that I hope would be more gracefully resolved, but it works. I'll post something in the LDS Tools forum to see if this is common or if there is a plan to fix it.
Dale81355

Lost Custom Lists and Favorites

Post by Dale81355 »

Deleting all data and downloading again did bring in the new calendar, but it deletes all of your custom lists and favorites.

Another strange thing is when you enter calendar items and use a "&" it prints out "&".
And when you enter a Quote Mark " it prints out "&quote;".

Return to “Calendar”