Changing location assignments to new available locations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jhowell2000

Changing location assignments to new available locations

Post by jhowell2000 »

In a recent update 2.0.3 (just a couple days ago) some changes were made to location rooms available (separated Young Men/Young Women) for example. I would like to change events already created to reflect this addition. I have tried checking that box for the young women room and deleting the custom room we had created earlier. The system is not saving the changes. What am I doing wrong?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jhowell2000 wrote:In a recent update 2.0.3 (just a couple days ago) some changes were made to location rooms available (separated Young Men/Young Women) for example. I would like to change events already created to reflect this addition. I have tried checking that box for the young women room and deleting the custom room we had created earlier. The system is not saving the changes. What am I doing wrong?
Have you noticed the Save button way down at the bottom, at the left edge of the middle column? It looks sort of like it is in the Building Schedulers box, but it actually applies to the whole location. You have to click that button after making changes.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

I have clicked save and it still doesn't change. I edited a couple of custom names in locations and it saved those, but it is not making the additional rooms available. I called a custom room the young women room and deleted it. Then I checked the default young women room in the upper room assignment section. My custom room doesn't show in the location page, but it still shows in the calendar event page (the default room doesn't show in the events calendar but it is still check in the location page). I will continue to play around and see if I can narrow the problem down more.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jhowell2000 wrote:I have clicked save and it still doesn't change. I edited a couple of custom names in locations and it saved those, but it is not making the additional rooms available. I called a custom room the young women room and deleted it. Then I checked the default young women room in the upper room assignment section. My custom room doesn't show in the location page, but it still shows in the calendar event page (the default room doesn't show in the events calendar but it is still check in the location page). I will continue to play around and see if I can narrow the problem down more.
My previous answer was off the top of my head. Now I have actually looked into it, and I can confirm that there is something strange going on with both "Young Men Room" and "Young Women Room". For me, I can check the boxes, and the setting of each check box is saved (either checked or unchecked). But neither room appears on the list of "Resources that can be scheduled at this location" under Rooms & Equipment.

The good news is that the rooms that are checked under Rooms & Equipment when I edit a location do show up as options in the rooms & equipment list when I go to schedule an event. So for me, it is all working fine, and I can do everything I need to do -- but it is disconcerting and confusing that the YM and YW rooms don't appear on the list of rooms under Settings > Locations & Rooms, except when you are in Edit mode.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

That is what I continue to find as well. Since only people with ability to edit locations can see this it is just a few who will be affected until it is fixed. I am glad someone else can see what I am talking about. Thanks

Return to “Calendar”