Where report bugs?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
marmat

Post by marmat »

Well, got off the phone with Local Unit Support which forwarded me to MLS support and they had me:

Go to C:\ProgramData\LDS Church\MLS\data
Remove udx folder (delete it)
Open MLS, log in, hit Send/Receive

According to support rep: Although the LDS.org directory and leader area had apparently updated it appeared that the database had 'echos' and clearing the local cache and refreshing with send and receive may help force update and help with the issue we are seeing.

Was told could take 24 hours to refresh and to call back Monday if no change.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

marmat wrote:Go to C:\ProgramData\LDS Church\MLS\data
If you are still using XP, it's C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\LDS Church\MLS\data

This same trick has been recommended to help clear up other issues as well.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

crislapi wrote:If you are still using XP, it's C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\LDS Church\MLS\data

This same trick has been recommended to help clear up other issues as well.
It's actually in both places, for older, more confused computers (under All Users and under Program Files). Which may be part of the problem in getting all of these things cleaned up.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

lajackson wrote:It's actually in both places, for older, more confused computers (under All Users and under Program Files). Which may be part of the problem in getting all of these things cleaned up.
Just want to clarify there is a difference between Program Files and ProgramData. In either OS, there is a folder in Program Files, but you don't need to copy from there. In windows 7, there is no Documents and Settings folder; the folders you want to copy are in ProgramData, a hidden folder.
dbollard99

Post by dbollard99 »

I don't know why someone deleted my last post, I thought it was a legitimate bug.

Here I go again.

I am Ward Clerk in our Ward. I changed the name of a few of the default calendars.

example:

"Deacons" --> "YM - Deacons"
"Teachers" --> "YM - Teachers" ...etc. (I think it's easier to find calendars when they are grouped alphabetically.)

The problem is that in the "Subscribed Calendars" section of the main Calendar view, those modified calendar names are all coming up as white in color, with white text. I can only see the name of the calendar when I hover over it with my mouse.

I tried logging out, and logging in again to fix it, didn't help. I tried logging in under my wife's login, and the same thing occurs.

I got this reply on the post I did yesterday:
"RussellHltn has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Where report bugs? - in the Calendar forum of LDS Technology Forums.

This thread is located at:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.p ... to=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
I believe the colors are just how they are assigned to you based on how many you subscribe to. You may want to log out and log back in to see if it changes."

Thanks RussellHltn, but that didn't work. Please help, or fix this bug.

Here is an image of my problem:
colors.JPG
(68.54 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

crislapi wrote:In windows 7, there is no Documents and Settings folder; the folders you want to copy are in ProgramData, a hidden folder.
Specifically C:\ProgramData
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”