No default locations in a building

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rlgribble

No default locations in a building

Post by rlgribble »

I am a stake clerk, trying to enable locations for one of my buildings. Of the five buildings in the stake, only this one comes up with no default locations (right hand side, upper frame). I know I can add the locations manually, but I prefer to use defaults. How do I get them back? If I add a new building (same name), I get the defaults - but I can't delete the existing building (that's probably good).

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd guess it's because that location doesn't have the box "This is a meetinghouse" checked.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I think you're not using quite the right terms. When you say "building" the calendar system uses the word "location" and where you use "location" the system uses "rooms & equipment". So what you mean to say is:
rlgribble wrote:...this one comes up with no default rooms (right hand side, upper frame). I know I can add the rooms manually, but I prefer to use defaults. How do I get them back? If I add a new location (same name), I get the defaults - but I can't delete the existing location (that's probably good).
As RussellHltn said, you need to make sure you have the "This location is a meetinghouse" checkbox checked. But if these are locations that were added automatically (came from the FMAT database), you won't have such a checkbox; there will be text that says "This location is a meetinghouse" but you'll have no way to check it or uncheck it.

When you are editing the location, do you have a Remove button at the bottom, to the right of the Save button and Cancel link? If so, it's a location that was added manually. But if you don't have a Remove button, and you also don't have a checkbox by "This location is a meetinghouse", then this is odd indeed. You would need help from a developer to fix the database.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rlgribble

Post by rlgribble »

OK, I got back in to check. The line "This location is a meetinghouse" is just there - no checkboxes. This is a regular building, and I would be surprised if it didn't come from the FMAT database. I do not have a remove button, which, I think, is another indicator that it came from the FMAT database (just for fun I added the building again, and that one had all the default "Rooms & Equipment" options for me to check. My plan was to delete the one without, but I can't do that, so I deleted the one I added (having two buildings with the same name just didn't seem right).

So apparently I need help from a developer - how do I get in touch with one of them?

Thanks,

Richard.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rlgribble wrote:OK, I got back in to check. The line "This location is a meetinghouse" is just there - no checkboxes. This is a regular building, and I would be surprised if it didn't come from the FMAT database. I do not have a remove button, which, I think, is another indicator that it came from the FMAT database (just for fun I added the building again, and that one had all the default "Rooms & Equipment" options for me to check. My plan was to delete the one without, but I can't do that, so I deleted the one I added (having two buildings with the same name just didn't seem right).

You're right that every indication is that this location came from the FMAT database, but it's not acting like it should. I'll bring this issue to a developer's attention.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

rlgribble wrote:So apparently I need help from a developer - how do I get in touch with one of them?

If you get me the following information, I can look into the problem:

1. The name of the location
2. Information from the following:
- Go to https://lds.org/header
- Copy the contents of the resulting page

Send me both of the above in a private message, and I'll see if I can fix your problem.

Return to “Calendar”