Grey-out Previous Days, Highlight Current Day

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ms349

Grey-out Previous Days, Highlight Current Day

Post by ms349 »

May seem absurd, but with all those pretty colors on the new calendar, as I make plans and switch between months, it'd be helpful to have all dates before the current day in a grey color. Also, even having a box outline around the current day would be very helpful!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for the suggestions. Here are my thoughts on these ideas:
ms349 wrote:May seem absurd, but with all those pretty colors on the new calendar, as I make plans and switch between months, it'd be helpful to have all dates before the current day in a grey color.

I can see why you might want days in the past to be gray, but personally I would vote against it. I use the calendar color as a visual clue to know which calendar I'm working with. Obviously that's the purpose of having different colors. But I also look into the past to see when things happened and to make plans for the future. The visual clue of the calendar color is just as helpful for events in the past.
ms349 wrote:Also, even having a box outline around the current day would be very helpful!
The current day is highlighted, but being shaded, not by being outlined. That's just a particular design decision, but once you start looking for the shaded day as being today, it works quite well, in my opinion.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”