Help needed with importing Stake Calendar from the Classic to the new version

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

margiestroble wrote:I thought I read somewhere that the pending submissions would migrate along with the classic calendar! OUCH! I realize I can't approve of them in the Classic Version but was thinking they would migrate, but if I end up not being able to migrate anything, I am going to sure have my work cut out for me with not only having to enter the events all over again, plus the 91 waiting submissions. I don't feel very cheery right now.

Actually, I don't know that for sure. I simply assumed that they wouldn't import, since they haven't been approved. I do know that unapproved submissions are not included in the iCal export, but I guess it's conceivable that they might be included in the new Calendar's import feature.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

Well, I never heard back from CHQ and with needing to have all of this resolved, it took me 3 days, an hour here, 2 or 3 hours there, when I had time to devote to it, to get all of the 2012 entries from the old version entered into the new version, one entry at a time.

I logged into the old version with my laptop and logged into the new version with my desktop, side by side, and opened up each entry one at a time and was able to get all of the info from the details box from the old version entered into the new version. What a job that was because I not only had the 91 submissions that were waiting, but the rest of the year's entries I already had entered in the old version.

I had the thought that maybe if there were no submissions waiting, it might let me migrate, so I did those first, but it still wouldn't let me migrate.

Oh well, I learned a lot by doing that.

Margie
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

margiestroble wrote:Well, I never heard back from CHQ and with needing to have all of this resolved, it took me 3 days, an hour here, 2 or 3 hours there, when I had time to devote to it, to get all of the 2012 entries from the old version entered into the new version, one entry at a time.

Not that it really matters now, but I'm curious why you didn't do the iCal import I suggested earlier. That would have saved a lot of manual work. Was that option not available to you on the Setup & Import screen, or did you just decide to do it manually anyway?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
margiestroble

Post by margiestroble »

aebrown wrote:Not that it really matters now, but I'm curious why you didn't do the iCal import I suggested earlier. That would have saved a lot of manual work. Was that option not available to you on the Setup & Import screen, or did you just decide to do it manually anyway?

Although I do appreciate your suggestion, and with having to check carefully each entry to make sure it got all of the information correctly, and I am not used to using the iCal import process, I figured I might as well just do it the hard way, the way I felt more comfortable about using. It did take a lot of time, but I am confident I got all of the info on there correctly, even with the details info.

After I posted that I had not heard from CHQ, I got an email from the person I spoke to asking me to fill out a questionnaire about the situation and they would try to help me. I went ahead and answered the questions, but told them I had already gotten it accomplished. Maybe it will help if anyone else has the same, or similar situation.

Return to “Calendar”