Stake Single Adult Calendar won't go "inactive"

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
JohnSutherland

Stake Single Adult Calendar won't go "inactive"

Post by JohnSutherland »

I'm the stake clerk in a YSA stake. I gave the stake clerk rights on the default Stake Single Adult Calendar. I try to set that calendar to "inactive", but the change doesn't stick. It still appears in my list of calendars I can subscribe to and still active when I go back to the calendars tab. I've tried deleting it (since everything in our stake is for YSAs, a separate calendar makes no sense.), but I just get an eternal, spinning Walmart flower.

Any thoughts?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

johnsutherland wrote:I'm the stake clerk in a YSA stake. I gave the stake clerk rights on the default Stake Single Adult Calendar.

There is no need to give your own calling rights to a public calendar -- as stake clerk, you have rights to all the public calendars. But it won't hurt, either.
johnsutherland wrote: I try to set that calendar to "inactive", but the change doesn't stick. It still appears in my list of calendars I can subscribe to and still active when I go back to the calendars tab.

When you say "the change doesn't stick" do you mean that the button doesn't change from saying "Active" to "Inactive"? Or that the button changes, but when you leave the Calendars tab under Settings and return to it, that it is back to "Active"? Or something else?
johnsutherland wrote: I try to set that calendar to "inactive", but the change doesn't stick. It still appears in my list of calendars I can subscribe to and still active when I go back to the calendars tab.
Often that's an indication that some webservice is failing. I don't know if troubleshooting appeals to you, but you could follow the steps in this post to use Firebug to narrow down where the problem is.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
JohnSutherland

Post by JohnSutherland »

I mean that the button changes to "inactive" but a page refresh will cause it to show "active" again. I loaded Firebug. There is an error:

PUT https://lds.org/church-calendar/service ... /INACTIVE/ 500 Internal Server Error 141 ms
JohnSutherland

Post by JohnSutherland »

Weirdly the forum seems to shorten the PUT command. Here's a screen shot:
Screen Shot 2011-11-16 at 2.50.50 PM.jpg
(4.68 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

Can you get any other calendars to become inactive or active? I'd like to find out if this is isolated to just this calendar or all calendars for you.
JohnSutherland

Post by JohnSutherland »

kyleq wrote:Can you get any other calendars to become inactive or active? I'd like to find out if this is isolated to just this calendar or all calendars for you.
All other calendars that belong to the Provo YSA 4th Stake work correctly. I can turn them active or inactive. Just this one single adult calendar misbehaves.

Return to “Calendar”