Bug: Reservations Filter Select Wrong Unit

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Bug: Reservations Filter Select Wrong Unit

Post by aebrown »

On the Settings > Reservations screen, under each location in the Available Locations you see a collection of checkboxes under the heading "Filter by Unit". One is "Blocked Reservations" and then there's also one for each unit assigned to the location.

Note that the Reservations screen now shows both calendar events and reservations. As I check and uncheck the boxes under Filter by Unit, it works just as I would expect for events: as I check a box, all the events for that unit for the selected location appear, and as I uncheck a box all the events for that unit disappear. So far, so good.

But as I was checking and unchecking boxes by units, I noticed that reservations weren't working that way at all. In fact, all the reservations stayed visible as I checked and unchecked boxes for each ward. So I started to think that the reservations weren't designed to be affected by the check boxes.

But then I unchecked the box for the stake, and poof! All the reservations disappeared. Somehow the reservations are all connected with the stake unit for visibility, even though various reservations are definitely assigned to a variety of wards.

Interestingly, the one exception is for Blocked Reservations. If you uncheck that box, then all blocked reservations disappear, and the stake unit checkbox has no effect on the visibility of those reservations. But for all reservations assigned to wards, only the stake unit check box affects their visibility.

I can't imagine that this is working as designed -- it would be much better if you could deselect all the units, select just one ward, and then see all the events and reservations applied to that ward. I don't see much point in connecting all reservations to the stake unit.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Good find, thanks for the report. We'll try to get this fixed in the next release.

Return to “Calendar”