Printing Landscape

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dhzobell

Printing Landscape

Post by dhzobell »

Before today I could easily print calendar "Landscape"
Today, no matter what I specify in Calendar or for my printer settings, it comes out 'Portrait" when I hit the final "print" command.
Useful webinar this morning!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dhzobell wrote:Before today I could easily print calendar "Landscape"
Today, no matter what I specify in Calendar or for my printer settings, it comes out 'Portrait" when I hit the final "print" command.

Have you looked at the "Advanced options" in the Print Preview screen? By default, those options are hidden, but if you click on "Advanced options" you will see several options appear. One of them is the Portrait/Landscape setting. Once you've set that, if you don't every show the advanced options again, it will be stuck on the previous setting.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dhzobell

Post by dhzobell »

I have looked, previously and today, and "advanced options" and the setting is for landscape. The preview shows "landscape" until I hit the icon for print at the bottom bar, then it reverts to showing "portrait" and when I hit print it contues to print "portrait." Any next suggestion?
dhzobell

Post by dhzobell »

This may be duplicate -- I trying other options. It will not print "landscape" when I use Google Chrome. It will print landscape when I use Internet Explorer. ??
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

dhzobell wrote:I have looked, previously and today, and "advanced options" and the setting is for landscape. The preview shows "landscape" until I hit the icon for print at the bottom bar, then it reverts to showing "portrait" and when I hit print it contues to print "portrait." Any next suggestion?

If you click "Download" does it download a PDF of your calendar in landscape format? If so, maybe your printer has a setting that is causing it to print portrait. I just downloaded one month in Chrome and it formatted in landscape properly.

Return to “Calendar”