Building schedulers cannot setup a reservation when reservation block is in place

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dshep2020

Building schedulers cannot setup a reservation when reservation block is in place

Postby dshep2020 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:17 pm

I can't recall if this changed with this last new build (2.0.2-rev.2509). Has the ability for building schedulers to override a reservation "block" with a regular reservation been removed?

I can schedule an event over a reservation block, but I cannot add a reservation for a unit because the block is in place. That doesn't seem right. If I can create an event, shouldn't I also be able to create a reservation? Is this the expected behavior?

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:35 pm

dshepher wrote:I can't recall if this changed with this last new build (2.0.2-rev.2509). Has the ability for building schedulers to override a reservation "block" with a regular reservation been removed?

I can schedule an event over a reservation block, but I cannot add a reservation for a unit because the block is in place. That doesn't seem right. If I can create an event, shouldn't I also be able to create a reservation? Is this the expected behavior?

Unless I've really missed something, there has never been the ability to have conflicting reservations of any kind (unit-unit or unit-blocked). Only one reservation can exist for a particular resource at a particular time.

But an event is different. You (being a building scheduler) can schedule an event on top of a reservation (blocked or unit), and any calendar editor for a unit can schedule an event on top of a reservation that is for that unit.

In any case, reservations can't conflict with reservations, and events can't conflict with events. Only one single event can be scheduled on top of one reservation. I don't think that philosophy has changed (although there have been occasional bugs in this area). So I think the behavior you are describing is indeed expected.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”