Scheduling and Reserving Resources for Multiple Unit Resources

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
blwengr

Scheduling and Reserving Resources for Multiple Unit Resources

Post by blwengr »

Can the new calendar be used to schedule and reserve resources such as camps that are used by more than one stake? Who would be allowed to do this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

blwengr wrote:Can the new calendar be used to schedule and reserve resources such as camps that are used by more than one stake? Who would be allowed to do this?
No, the new calendar can't do that. See the "Locations and Resources Shared by Multiple Stakes" section in the help system under Setting Up Locations.

However, there is a new site at https://camping.lds.org/ that will eventually have scheduling. According to the Recreation Properties Version Road Map that will be in Version 2.3, but I have no idea when that might be released.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:See the "Locations and Resources Shared by Multiple Stakes" section in the help system under Setting Up Locations.

For whatever reason, that link doesn't work for me. It appears one has to be logged into the calendar for it to work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:For whatever reason, that link doesn't work for me. It appears one has to be logged into the calendar for it to work.
The new help system for the Calendar does require you to be logged in. But if you're not logged in, you should be prompted to sign in with your LDS Account and then you will be redirected to the correct page. I figure anyone who is asking questions about the calendar is either logged in or can easily log in to see the help page. And that page gives the specific answer, so I thought a link would be helpful.

At least that's the way it works for me. Are you not able shown the sign-in page if you are not logged in when you follow the link? And are you not then taken to the correct page after you sign in?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:Are you not able shown the sign-in page if you are not logged in when you follow the link? And are you not then taken to the correct page after you sign in?

I'd consider that "working". If I'm not logged in, I get the frame and an eternal "Loading" spinning wheel. Same result in both IE9 and Chrome. Even if I trim off the "#" and everything after it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:I'd consider that "working". If I'm not logged in, I get the frame and an eternal "Loading" spinning wheel. Same result in both IE9 and Chrome. Even if I trim off the "#" and everything after it.
Upon further testing, I get inconsistent results. I can indeed see the behavior you describe on occasion, and I also get a nice clean sign-in page followed by display of the help page on other occasions. I have to think it's somehow related to browser caching, since if I clear my browser cache it works fine every time.

Return to “Calendar”