Limiting scheduling to building schedulers

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
LesleyAnn

Post by LesleyAnn »

It will be fine for wards to create events with the system set up as it is now but if I end up doing the reservation and creating an event, it will show in my stake calendar right? My understanding is that if I reserve a resource for a ward (which is how it has been and may be for some time until folks get trained) although their event is at the stake center, it does not belong on the stake calendar. ie; a ward basketball night, ward RS meeting etc.

The bigger issue for me is the detailed info that is no longer there. I see 'Kyle Stake' when I am in month view looking at the calendar itself; in week view it shows me the ward & time reserved but no resource information. When I click the pop up, it shows 'Kyle Stake' 7pm and no other details so I have no idea who or what it is reserved for. I guess what I am concerned about is the fact that I might have to re-create all the reservations to this point (our stake calendar goes from August to August) which will be many.

When wards begin creating their own events at the stake center, which calendar will they show up on?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lesleyann wrote:It will be fine for wards to create events with the system set up as it is now but if I end up doing the reservation and creating an event, it will show in my stake calendar right? My understanding is that if I reserve a resource for a ward (which is how it has been and may be for some time until folks get trained) although their event is at the stake center, it does not belong on the stake calendar. ie; a ward basketball night, ward RS meeting etc.

Yes, events you create will be on some stake calendar (there can be many). That's why it's not a good idea for a building scheduler to be adding ward events. It's much better to have someone at the ward level add the events so that they can be on an appropriate ward calendar.
lesleyann wrote:The bigger issue for me is the detailed info that is no longer there. I see 'Kyle Stake' when I am in month view looking at the calendar itself; in week view it shows me the ward & time reserved but no resource information. When I click the pop up, it shows 'Kyle Stake' 7pm and no other details so I have no idea who or what it is reserved for. I guess what I am concerned about is the fact that I might have to re-create all the reservations to this point (our stake calendar goes from August to August) which will be many.

I think some data may have been lost in the data migration to V2. There was an additional script run to update titles on reservations (see this post), but perhaps it didn't work properly in your case.
lesleyann wrote:When wards begin creating their own events at the stake center, which calendar will they show up on?
When a ward calendar editor creates an event, he or she can choose any of the calendars for which he or she is an editor. Of course, if it is a ward event, they'll want to put it on a ward calendar. But it could be any one of several ward calendars, since each ward can have multiple calendars.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”