Question about Google calendar syncing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
alsorenson

Question about Google calendar syncing

Post by alsorenson »

Wondering when you will have this syncing problem repaired. We have been a highly tech committed Ward in California, and have waited for this new version of the Calendar to migrate our Ward's heavy reliance on Google Calendars and Documents. Would like to see:
1. Solid syncing with Google Calendar
2. Ability to add link to the event
3. Ability to add reminders to the event, and reminders to specific groups

Looking great! Very excited for this new calendar.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

alsorenson wrote:Wondering when you will have this syncing problem repaired. We have been a highly tech committed Ward in California, and have waited for this new version of the Calendar to migrate our Ward's heavy reliance on Google Calendars and Documents. Would like to see:
1. Solid syncing with Google Calendar
2. Ability to add link to the event
3. Ability to add reminders to the event, and reminders to specific groups

Looking great! Very excited for this new calendar.

Welcome to the forum. Before I respond to your specific issues, I'd like to let you know that it generally is not a good idea to post multiple topics in one post. As people respond to the different topics, the thread can get rather muddled. So I'll respond to your first topic, and give you links to existing threads on the other two topics. If you'd like to discuss those further, please do so in those threads (or start a new thread if you don't think your topic matches those existing threads).

What problems are you seeing with Google sync that lead you to request "solid syncing"? It seems to be working just fine for me at this point with v2 of the Calendar. There were definitely huge problems with v1, and a couple of specific issues with the first v2 release, but with v2.0.1, it seems to be working well for most people I've heard from.

For your issue #2, see For issue #3, see
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”