Resource Reservations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mmkids6

Post by mmkids6 »

So if I understand correctly, if I want to block out Tuesday Nights for Ward A and Wednesday night for Ward B, I need to select the "Stake", and this then would allow Ward A to schedule events during their time as regular events, but would block them from scheduling on Ward B's night.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mmkids6 wrote:So if I understand correctly, if I want to block out Tuesday Nights for Ward A and Wednesday night for Ward B, I need to select the "Stake", and this then would allow Ward A to schedule events during their time as regular events, but would block them from scheduling on Ward B's night.
No, you select "Ward A" for Tuesday and "Ward B" for Wednesday. That will allow only calendar editors from those specific wards to schedule resources then. Don't select "Stake" unless you only want stake calendar editors to be able to schedule resources on a particular date/time.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mmkids6

Post by mmkids6 »

I'm confused. So you then selected "Blocked". This will then allow the appropriate Ward to calendar their events for that night, but not for a night blocked out by another Ward. It also will not allow anyone in the stake to calendar for that day as well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's quite simple: If you set it to "Ward A" then only Ward A can schedule it. If you set it to Ward B, then only Ward B can schedule it. If you set it to Blocked, no one (but the building scheduler) can schedule it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mmkids6

Post by mmkids6 »

Okay, but I only have two options for a resource. Ward A and Ward B share the same building, but it only lets me select "Blocked" or "Stake", not either one of the Wards.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

mmkids6 wrote:Okay, but I only have two options for a resource. Ward A and Ward B share the same building, but it only lets me select "Blocked" or "Stake", not either one of the Wards.
Are the Wards A and B added to the location via the "Add unit to location"?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Probably because those units have not been added to that location. Go to Settings > Locations & Room.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mmkids6

Post by mmkids6 »

I appreciate all the help, it allowed me to figure out what the problem was and make the correction. It now works for me. Thanks
rhoward

Post by rhoward »

how do i override a reservation? why can't the church just contract w/ google apps for this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rhoward wrote:how do i override a reservation?

Only a building scheduler can override a reservation, and then only if he has edit access to the calendar that the event needs to be placed on. The other way is to have the building scheduler edit the reservation to allow the "exception"

Return to “Calendar”