Conflict checks the entire reoccurring events in series issue

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dshep2020

Conflict checks the entire reoccurring events in series issue

Post by dshep2020 »

I am attempting schedule a building/rooms using a weekly reoccurring event for a month duration. During that month, there are already some existing events using a room that is needed.

Example:
New Reoccurring Event:
Sunday, 5:15pm - 6:15pm Nov 6th - Dec 4th RM: YW, RS, Primary

Existing Event:
Sunday 5pm - 6pm Nov 6th RM: RS

I create the new reoccurring event without the RS room so it won't conflict with the existing event. Saves fine.
I then go into the Nov 13th event of the recurrence and add the RS room and click "Update Event".
The calendar them prompts for where to apply the changes, "Only this event", "Entire series", "All following events".
I click "All following events".
I then get a room conflict message from the event on the 6th. Again, I was editing the event on the 13th and wanting to apply the changes to the following occurring dates.

I believe there is a bug that checks the entire series for conflicts rather than just the date you are editing and those going forward. This also occurs when you edit "Only this event". It again checks for conflicts of the entire series.

Anyone else see this or am I doing something wrong?

Cut and past single events is an option, but you can't paste :15 and :45 increments....so you have to edit each event time. (EDIT: You can paste :15 and :45 times on month view, just cannot on week view)
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

I was able to reproduce this in our test environment. I'll put this on the short list for our next bug fix release.

Thanks for the good detail.

Return to “Calendar”