Unable to save / update event that uses specific times

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
chris.m.cook
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:24 am
Location: Ohio, USA

Unable to save / update event that uses specific times

Postby chris.m.cook » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:17 pm

I have created a calendar to show standard holidays for easy reference for the members of our stake when creating other events. (if this type of calendar is eventually added from the church we'd delete the one I just made).

I've been trying to add daylight savings to Nov 6 but I can only add it as an all day event. Trying to give it a time causes the event creation/modification screen to stall forever with the spinning wheel. It isn't very critical that I add this event for the actual time that daylight savings ends, but was wondering if others had run into the same/similar issues and if there is a work around.

Thanks,
Chris

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6149
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Postby lajackson » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:36 pm

chris.m.cook wrote:I've been trying to add daylight savings to Nov 6 but I can only add it as an all day event. Trying to give it a time causes the event creation/modification screen to stall forever with the spinning wheel. It isn't very critical that I add this event for the actual time that daylight savings ends, but was wondering if others had run into the same/similar issues and if there is a work around.


Give it any time except 2:00 am. Or put it at 10:00 pm on Saturday. In either case, put a note that DST ends at 2:00 am Sunday morning.

chris.m.cook
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:24 am
Location: Ohio, USA

Postby chris.m.cook » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:56 pm

Quick Reply! Thanks.

lajackson wrote:Give it any time except 2:00 am. Or put it at 10:00 pm on Saturday. In either case, put a note that DST ends at 2:00 am Sunday morning.


I tried that, however no times work at all that day for me; 2AM, 10AM, 6:45PM, nothing. We have other calendars with events that use specific times, but I'm affraid to play with them fearing I could forever mess them up. I'm pretty sure that DST has something to do with it, because every other day works fine.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20779
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:19 pm

chris.m.cook wrote:I tried that, however no times work at all that day for me; 2AM, 10AM, 6:45PM, nothing. We have other calendars with events that use specific times, but I'm affraid to play with them fearing I could forever mess them up. I'm pretty sure that DST has something to do with it, because every other day works fine.


When you did the re-try, was it with the original submission or did you start from scratch? I've seen a case where a bad entry will "poison" the form. You can't just fix the error. You have to cancel and re-create it.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

chris.m.cook
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:24 am
Location: Ohio, USA

Postby chris.m.cook » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:00 pm

RussellHltn wrote:When you did the re-try, was it with the original submission or did you start from scratch?...


Just tried a new event from scratch. No luck. It still hangs with the spinning wheel. Not sure what's going on, at least it's only the one day.


Return to “Calendar”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest