Understanding reservations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jenpratt

Understanding reservations

Post by jenpratt »

I am the building scheduler for a building where three wards meet. I just want to be sure that I fully understand "reservations", as opposed to scheduling an event. Does reserving a resource for a specific ward make it so that only that ward can schedule an event with that resource? If not, is the reservations only to keep track of whose turn it generally is at that time?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jenpratt wrote:I am the building scheduler for a building where three wards meet. I just want to be sure that I fully understand "reservations", as opposed to scheduling an event. Does reserving a resource for a specific ward make it so that only that ward can schedule an event with that resource? If not, is the reservations only to keep track of whose turn it generally is at that time?
Your first statement is correct. Reserving a resource for a ward means that only that ward can schedule that resource at that date/time. The only exception to this is that a building scheduler can override the reservation and schedule an event anyway. But other than that one exception, no members of other wards will be able to schedule that resource then.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”