Scheduling Multiple Rooms at One Location

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

a notation on the form explaining how to select multiple rooms should alleviate this problem
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
jegbert

Post by jegbert »

jdlessley wrote:Based on the number of reports in these forums of the users having difficulty with this it only makes sense to restore the checkbox as a method of selecting.

Here, Here! We've had many, many complaints already about people asking how to choose multiple rooms since the disappearance of the "check box" interface. Please restore the checkboxes!
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

kd7mha wrote:a notation on the form explaining how to select multiple rooms should alleviate this problem
Agreed! Adding check-boxes back may be a big coding task, but adding a simple explanation beside it would be just as effective.
amajeske

Post by amajeske »

I wish the boxes were back too. Although ctrl does work, that's what I've been using. It's harder to train, particularly the older members of my ward how to do it.
mmkids6

Scheduling Rooms & Equipment with a specific Resource

Post by mmkids6 »

As we have been training each of the Wards in our Stake, V2 has made it a little more difficult and frustrating to schedule multiple rooms in a building. In V1 all you had to do was place a check in the box next to the room you wanted. In V2 in order to select multiple items you have to hold the Ctrl key down while selecting the resources you need. The problem is if you don't do that you loss what you have just select and an reality you only end up selecting one. If members don't know that they become frustrated when they think they have scheduled the cultural hall and Kitchen. My recommendation is to place the check box back in, or revise the program to allow multiple selections withou holding the Ctrl key down.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mmkids6 wrote:My recommendation is to place the check box back in, or revise the program to allow multiple selections without holding the Ctrl key down.

I moved your post into an existing thread on this very topic. So you can see that you have plenty of company on this topic!

I certainly agree with the recommendation to restore the check boxes for scheduling multiple resources. I would disagree with allowing multiple selections without holding down the Ctrl key -- that would be a non-standard implementation that would simply confuse a different set of users.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”