Can't save modifications to calendar names, etc.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
erickpew
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:22 pm
Location: Meridian, ID, US

Can't save modifications to calendar names, etc.

Postby erickpew » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:26 pm

I'm trying to modify the names of a couple of calendars. I go into Settings->Calendars and choose the calendar I want to modify. I edit the name, and then click the save button. Nothing happens. If I click on one of the other tabs, I get a warning that I have unsaved modifications, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. No matter how many times I click the save button or how long I wait after clicking the save button, the modifications don't get saved. The same thing happens if I try to edit a calendar description.

Any suggestions?

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6128
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Postby lajackson » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:38 pm

erickpew wrote:I'm trying to modify the names of a couple of calendars.


Were you able to modify one calendar and then not any more calendars on the same page? If so, reload the page each time using your browser refresh/reload button.

If you cannot modify any of the calendars, I do not know what to tell you.

erickpew
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:22 pm
Location: Meridian, ID, US

Postby erickpew » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:37 pm

lajackson wrote:Were you able to modify one calendar and then not any more calendars on the same page? If so, reload the page each time using your browser refresh/reload button.

If you cannot modify any of the calendars, I do not know what to tell you.


No, I can't modify any calendars. I tried refreshing as soon as I get to the page before making any modifications, and that didn't help either. It's almost as if the button press isn't even being registered -- it doesn't look like it is submitting the form data at all.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20723
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:33 pm

I ran into the same situation. I misspelled the name of a holiday and found the only way I could correct it was to delete and re-enter. Any editing just didn't seem to "take".
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14685
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:43 am

RussellHltn wrote:I ran into the same situation. I misspelled the name of a holiday and found the only way I could correct it was to delete and re-enter. Any editing just didn't seem to "take".


This thread is about making changes to calendars (the calendar itself, not events on it). But the problem you describe seems to refer to making changes to an event, which would be an entirely different issue. Which problem are you reporting?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:53 pm
Location: Riverton, Utah

Postby jdcr256 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:05 am

erickpew wrote:No, I can't modify any calendars.


I'm looking for a way to reproduce this problem. Can you:

- Confirm that you can not the details for any calendar, ever?
- Send me a PM with the contents of this page (after logging in to the calendar): https://lds.org/header

erickpew
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:22 pm
Location: Meridian, ID, US

Postby erickpew » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:11 pm

The behavior changed when I tried again just now. When I pushed the save button, I got an error message this time, when before it wouldn't do anything. The error message indicated that the name I was trying to change to was not unique. What had happened was that when I set up all the calendars originally, most of them did not appear to get created initially, so when I repeated the process I ended up with calendars that had a "(1)" appended to the name. I deleted the duplicate calendars, but in some cases I ended up keeping the ones with the (1) somehow. I was trying to remove the (1), but the system apparently wasn't letting me do that because the calendars with the same names were still in the system waiting for 30 days to expire before being permanently deleted. I went in and manually deleted them, and now I am able to rename the calendars as desired. Apparently something got fixed so that the system displayed an error message instead of just doing nothing, so I was able to diagnose the problem.


Return to “Calendar”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest