Posting to mulitple unit calendars

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dhzobell

Posting to mulitple unit calendars

Post by dhzobell »

I am a Stake Clerk. With "classic calendar" I could post items to individual wards in the stake. With the new calendar I can only post to the Stake Calendar and my own Ward Calendar. I would like to be able to post ward specific items (i.e. Welfare Assignments) to the other 8 wards in the stake so they do not have to extrapolate from the Stake Calendar. Can I be be an administrator in each of the other wards, or can this be changed so that as a Stake Administrator I can do this? Thank you.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dhzobell wrote:I am a Stake Clerk. With "classic calendar" I could post items to individual wards in the stake. With the new calendar I can only post to the Stake Calendar and my own Ward Calendar. I would like to be able to post ward specific items (i.e. Welfare Assignments) to the other 8 wards in the stake so they do not have to extrapolate from the Stake Calendar. Can I be be an administrator in each of the other wards, or can this be changed so that as a Stake Administrator I can do this? Thank you.
This topic was discussed a while back in the thread Migrate New Stake Events to New Ward Calendar. There aren't any great solutions to this problem -- amidst all the great improvements on the new calendar, this is one feature from the classic calendar that we have to live without now. The linked thread does give a couple of ideas for ways to work around the limitation, however.

You can't be an administrator for any ward calendar except your own, so that idea won't work currently.

In any case, you're certainly welcome to use the Submit Feedback link on lds.org to make your suggestion.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”