Calendar sync with v2

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jdcr256 wrote:The timezone issue should be fixed now.

I think it is fixed for events with a set start time. All day events, however, show up the previous day. (Probably because the 12:00 midnight on the day of the event is being converted to 11:00 pm or earlier (depending on the time zone) on the previous day.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

lajackson wrote:I think it is fixed for events with a set start time. All day events, however, show up the previous day. (Probably because the 12:00 midnight on the day of the event is being converted to 11:00 pm or earlier (depending on the time zone) on the previous day.
That appears to be the case on my google calendar.
One such item:
Family Home Evening
Sun, November 27, 12am – Mon, November 28, 12am
If I look at the event on the LDS.org calendar, it comes up as:
Event Details
Event: Family Home Evening
Description:
Date: 28 Nov 2011
Repeats
Occurs every: Occurs every 1 weeks on Monday
Repeats: Weekly
Repeats until: 31 December 2012
My calendar still shows up in Google Calendar as:
Calendar Time Zone: (GMT+00:00) GMT (no daylight saving)
URL: http://lds.org/church-calendar/services ... D_REDACTED
Aaron Z
RussBarth

Post by RussBarth »

I had to unsubscribe from my old google feed and get a brand new URL from the sync menu and then re-add it to google. Then the times were correct.
jeffreymads

All-day events show on the previous day with Outlook sync

Post by jeffreymads »

dgoehring wrote:I'm confused. When I enter an event in the calendar that is an all day event ( for example -thanksgiving). It shows up fine on LDS.ORG but if I sync to outlook or iPad it comes over as the prior day event ( for example -Wednesday). I have to give it a time (which does not make sense for a holiday ). Is this correct or am I missing something? In the old calendar these events came over correctly.

I just tried to sync with MS Outlook a few minutes ago, and I'm having this same problem. All of the timed events come across correctly, but the "all day" events are showing on the previous day. Any ideas?
hickend

Post by hickend »

I am able to get the calendar to sync to google once but when I update the church calendar with new events it doesn't update the google link with the new event
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

RussBarth wrote:I had to unsubscribe from my old google feed and get a brand new URL from the sync menu and then re-add it to google. Then the times were correct.

The times issues was just recently fixed. By removing and re-adding it, you forced Google to re-load from the church system.
jeffreymads wrote:I just tried to sync with MS Outlook a few minutes ago, and I'm having this same problem. All of the timed events come across correctly, but the "all day" events are showing on the previous day. Any ideas?

Yes, many are reporting the same thing. However, I'm noticing that the Holidays I added just yesterday are showing up correctly in my Google calendar.
hickend wrote:I am able to get the calendar to sync to google once but when I update the church calendar with new events it doesn't update the google link with the new event

It's up to Google as to how often it pulls the data. From prior experience, it can take a day or two before changes show up. This is a "pull" system (Google has to for a new file), not a "push" system (where the church that tell Google that a change has taken place.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dentkev

Sync with Ical off by 7 hours.

Post by dentkev »

I'm still seeing the same problem with the GMT +00:00 so all the times are 7 hours off.
I unsubscribed to the calendar and got a new subscribe link and resubscribed. Everything is still 7 hours off.

Any ideas haw to fix this?

Return to “Calendar”