Building Scheduler cannot modify locations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Building Scheduler cannot modify locations

Post by aebrown »

With v1, the building scheduler had some ability to modify locations. In particular, a scheduler could add or change the resources associated with a location.

But in v2, a building scheduler has no ability to modify locations at all. They can create reservations, but the Locations & Rooms option doesn't appear under Settings for them at all.

I'm not sure whether or not this limitation is intentional.
  • It's not mentioned in the Release Notes, but it seems like removing this capability would have been worthy of mention if it is intentional.
  • The Building Schedulers Guide says "Stake administrators must add this equipment manually for it to be available," which implies that the limitation was intentional.
  • Yet the Managing Locations video says (at the 1:03 mark) that "Building schedulers can then add or edit the rooms and equipment for their location," which certainly implies that the limitation was not intentional.
My bottom line is that I would vote for restoring that capability to building schedulers. It seems like a useful and reasonable capability to delegate to a scheduler. But whatever is decided, the documentation should be fixed to be correct and consistent.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”