Building scheduler limitations with v2

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

RussellHltn wrote:I noticed that for other events, I can see just that one calendar the event comes from, but that doesn't help me fix this problem.
I'm afraid the only way to fix the problem now is to delete the event and have the original calendar editor re-create it.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdcr256 wrote:I don't know why the fix is not working for you, but I'll continue to investigate.

From what you've indicated, I think it's is working. The damage was done before the bug fix was rolled out.

But now that the event is on the stake calender, I can't move it back because I can't see anything but the stake calendars in the edit screen. In other words, I can't schedule a resource for a non-stake calendar.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

Will the v1 functionality every be restored in some shape or form? i.e. Will stake building schedulers ever be able to create an event on non-stake calendars that they don't have edit permissions on?
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

dshepher wrote:Will the v1 functionality every be restored in some shape or form? i.e. Will stake building schedulers ever be able to create an event on non-stake calendars that they don't have edit permissions on?
That functionality was mostly accidental. We are trying to design a good paradigm for sharing ward calendars with different stake members, based on roles or need.
Meyerds9

Post by Meyerds9 »

jdcr256 wrote:That functionality was mostly accidental. We are trying to design a good paradigm for sharing ward calendars with different stake members, based on roles or need.

So, do I understand correctly that a building scheduler can no longer create an event on any calendar other than ones within the ward they are members of and stake calendars (ie calendars they are subscribed to)? That they have lost the functionality in V2 of being able to create events on other ward's calendars that reside within the building they have been designated as building schedulers for?
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

meyerds9 wrote:So, do I understand correctly that a building scheduler can no longer create an event on any calendar other than ones within the ward they are members of and stake calendars (ie calendars they are subscribed to)? That they have lost the functionality in V2 of being able to create events on other ward's calendars that reside within the building they have been designated as building schedulers for?
Yes, we have lost that v1 "feature". You cannot, as a building scheduler, create an event and place it on a calendar that you do not have editor permissions. You CAN edit an event on a calendar that you don't have editor permissions on and save it. Just can't create one from scratch.
jegbert

Post by jegbert »

That is really unfortunate. The v1 building scheduler feature of being able to add/edit events on calendars the scheduler is not subscribed to is a necessary feature. Removing that in v2 is a big step backwards and will only cause more difficulty and issues across buildings. I just had to schedule a Court of Honor for another ward in my building and I had to add it to a "Stake Calendar" because that ward's calendars are no longer available to me. Their ward cannot schedule the event on that night because it is blocked, so they have no access to add anything on that night.

Removing the other wards' calendars from building schedulers and stake leaders view is a step backwards! Please restore this functionality!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdcr256 wrote:That functionality was mostly accidental. We are trying to design a good paradigm for sharing ward calendars with different stake members, based on roles or need.

In the meantime, would it be possible to restore this until something is figured out?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

RussellHltn wrote:In the meantime, would it be possible to restore this until something is figured out?
+1 on this. This has severely impacted my effectiveness as a building scheduler.
mwgbell

Post by mwgbell »

This causes confusion in our stake as well. The missionaries always call me to reserve the Stake Center for baptisms (it is the only font in the Stake; I am the building scheduler). Although I can schedule the font, I cannot add the event to the ward calendar of the ward where the missionaries are serving. So they have to make 2 calls -- 1 to me to schedule the font; and one to the ward calendar person who will add it to the ward calendar. But, unless I misunderstand, the ward scheduling person cannot include the correct location, since that ward meets in another building.

Return to “Calendar”