Calendar Hangs Upon Most Event Saves

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jbgillam

Calendar Hangs Upon Most Event Saves

Post by jbgillam »

Guys -- I've been messing with the new calendar on and off today. I've noticed that more often than not I get the spinning circle of death upon hitting the "Create Event" button after entering event details and location. Also, sometimes I am able to get an entry on the calendar by just naming it and later reopening it to edit details and location.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Regards,

Brian
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

I can confirm this behavior. Sometimes the event is created. Sometimes it isn't. Kind of hit and miss.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Sounds like a bit of server overload. There was originally an issue in the beta the first time they transferred all of the data from the v1 calendar that required about a week of "optimization" work. I'd give it a few days and if it continues then more server "beef" or optimization would probably be called for.
jbgillam

Post by jbgillam »

I thought that, too. But then I tried to create an event before 7:00am Eastern, a time when Church systems are usually speedy, but found that the spinning circle of death was wide awake and ready to disrupt my church work.
jbgillam

Post by jbgillam »

For what it's worth, I found that 2.0 finally banished the spinning circle of death after I deleted several recurring meetings created under the prior version and then recreated them.

Return to “Calendar”