calendars missing

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
2gerolyn

calendars missing

Post by 2gerolyn »

I am the stake building scheduler and have been using 43 calendars to schedule the 3 buildings in my stake for the last 6 months. Since the upgrade, I see all 43 calendars on the "subscribed calendars" page, but when I try to schedule a new event; there are only 11 calendars from which to choose. When I click on the "calendar" link under "Settings" there are only 11 calendars listed there. Where can I find the missing 32 calendars?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

2gerolyn wrote:I am the stake building scheduler and have been using 43 calendars to schedule the 3 buildings in my stake for the last 6 months. Since the upgrade, I see all 43 calendars on the "subscribed calendars" page, but when I try to schedule a new event; there are only 11 calendars from which to choose. When I click on the "calendar" link under "Settings" there are only 11 calendars listed there. Where can I find the missing 32 calendars?
Are all 43 calendars stake calendars? Or are 11 of them stake calendars and 32 of them ward calendars? Or are 11 of them associated with your ward and 32 of them with other units?

If it's one of the latter two options, then I think you're seeing the problem reported in this post.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
2gerolyn

Post by 2gerolyn »

31 are stake calendars and 12 are my ward calendars. The only choices I had when I set up these calendars were "stake" or "my ward". I don't have access to calendars associated with other units. I clicked on the link you provided for "this post" and it took me to a problem with recurring events. Perhaps there is another link that would help me?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

2gerolyn wrote:31 are stake calendars and 12 are my ward calendars. The only choices I had when I set up these calendars were "stake" or "my ward". I don't have access to calendars associated with other units. I clicked on the link you provided for "this post" and it took me to a problem with recurring events. Perhaps there is another link that would help me?
The post I linked to said:
RussellHltn wrote:In V1, I could see all the calendars to add an event to them, or at least find out which ward had reserved a resource. Now I can no longer do that. I am a default admin and Building Scheduler.

That is a report by a building scheduler who can only see stake calendars, but used to be able to see both ward and stake calendars. Since he is a stake default administrator, I suspect that this is the reason he can see only stake calendars. I'm guessing you are not a stake default administrator, so I suspect that is the reason that you can see only ward calendars under v2, even though with v1 you could see both ward and stake calendars.

In either case, however, you are building schedulers, and so you should be able to see all calendars at the ward or stake level for all units assigned to the building for which you have been designated a building scheduler. This is pretty clearly a bug in v2.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
2gerolyn

Post by 2gerolyn »

Are there notifications sent out when bugs are fixed?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

2gerolyn wrote:Are there notifications sent out when bugs are fixed?
Not always, but I would guess that with the prominence of this new Calendar v2 release, there will be plenty of discussion of bugs and their fixes here on LDSTech. If you watch this forum, you'll almost certainly see a notice of bug fixes. It sounds like a bug fix release is planned in the next 2-4 weeks or so.
2gerolyn

Post by 2gerolyn »

good information...thank you

Return to “Calendar”