locations do not appear on my main calendar

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
normanshipp

All Locations (including no or other Location) visibility

Post by normanshipp »

aebrown wrote:You didn't mention whether you had re-enabled each location since the v2 upgrade. As jdcr256 noted, that needs to be done. I assume that you as STS are an assistant stake clerk, and thus you would be a stake calendar administrator and can go into each location and check specify the time zone and also check the box that allows that location to be scheduled by wards and the stake.

As stake clerk, in the past, I had been able so see all the calendared events by checking the Location boxes in the "Subscribed Locations" window that was located below the "Subscribed Calendars". Now with v2, I've updated the Locations with the time zone and enabled each of them. However, even though each location is now listed under "Locations", there are no boxes to give me visibility. Now I can only see the stake & my own ward's events. How do I see a Locations events? Also, to be complete, I need to see the "no location" and "other location" events as well.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

normanshipp wrote:As stake clerk, in the past, I had been able so see all the calendared events by checking the Location boxes in the "Subscribed Locations" window that was located below the "Subscribed Calendars". Now with v2, I've updated the Locations with the time zone and enabled each of them. However, even though each location is now listed under "Locations", there are no boxes to give me visibility. Now I can only see the stake & my own ward's events. How do I see a Locations events? Also, to be complete, I need to see the "no location" and "other location" events as well.
I'm guessing you are talking about Month view, since this option is still in Week view. See the thread No checkboxes next to locations for a more complete discussion.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jrstevens

No Available Locations

Post by jrstevens »

I too, do not have the list of Available Locations listed in the lower left box on the main calendar window. I see " !Available Locations! " in the top of the box with the down arrows to the left, but no buildings listed.

I am the Stake Administrator and I have set time zones as requested.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jrstevens wrote:I too, do not have the list of Available Locations listed in the lower left box on the main calendar window. I see " !Available Locations! " in the top of the box with the down arrows to the left, but no buildings listed.

I am the Stake Administrator and I have set time zones as requested.
But did you also check the "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes" check box for each location and then save? That is the essential step for making the locations appear.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cindichr

Post by cindichr »

On the "Reservations" page, I have one location listed twice, but it is listed only once on the Locations page. How do I remove one of the entries?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cindichr wrote:On the "Reservations" page, I have one location listed twice, but it is listed only once on the Locations page. How do I remove one of the entries?
Hmm. That's a bit strange. I could imagine it being the other way around, where a location name appears twice in the locations page because there are two locations with the same name, but only one of them is enabled for scheduling, and thus only one of them appears in the Reservations page.

But I'm hard pressed to imagine a scenario where there a single location appears twice on the Reservations page, unless it is some odd display glitch. If it is a display glitch, there's a decent chance that clicking your browser's refresh button on the Reservations page will cause the duplicate location to appear. That's the only idea I can come up with.
normanshipp

Post by normanshipp »

aebrown wrote:I'm guessing you are talking about Month view, since this option is still in Week view. See the thread No checkboxes next to locations for a more complete discussion.

Aebrown,
Thank you so much..... At least I can "see" even if it's a little inconvenient on the weekly view. I appreciate the discussion. (By the way, I also vote for enabling it on the monthly as the other thread's discussion suggested.... maybe v3?)

Return to “Calendar”