Calendar No Longer Works on Android Browser

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

Version 2.0 is the only variable, so it has to be tied to that. Just odd that my phone is the only one that seems to have an issue.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I tried it just now on my Moto Droid - just a blue screen. I hope it gets fixed, because I was looking forward to using a tablet for calendar work.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

Yay!

I mean, I'm sorry to hear that! But I am glad that someone else is having the issue as well...

Funny thing is we are both using Motorola Android phones.
ihenpecked

Third-party app alternative

Post by ihenpecked »

The calendar apps for Stake and Ward Central are compatible with 2.0. Events can be copied directly to your device calendar. Just suggesting it as an alternative from a satisfied user.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ihenpecked wrote:The calendar apps for Stake and Ward Central are compatible with 2.0. Events can be copied directly to your device calendar. Just suggesting it as an alternative from a satisfied user.

The sync works just fine. The problem is the only way to CHANGE anything is to go to the website. Can't do that if your devices can't load the page.

Until there's a tool that supports editing the calendar, we need a webpage that's not hostile to mobile devices. (Support would be nice, but might be asking for much.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

Both iPhone o/s and windows Phone O/S have full access to the website and can edit the calendar's just fine
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

Oh to be able to create/edit appointments while mobile (exec sec).
josephcreed

Post by josephcreed »

I am also experiencing the problem with the blue screen on my Samsung Captivate. I went with Droid to get away from blue screens. ;)
tortdog

Post by tortdog »

Hmm. I wonder if it's Gingerbread related.
josephcreed

Post by josephcreed »

I am running the default browser. My android version is 2.2 (Froyo).

Return to “Calendar”