No checkboxes next to locations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

scottholmes wrote:It seems that they should hide the locations options or something in the "Month" view as they don't function.

I would note that the locations are still useful in Month view, so I don't like the idea of hiding them:
  • they serve as a legend to tell you which color location icons correspond to which locations
  • they give you a dropdown that lets you contact the building scheduler, edit the location (if you have permissions to do so), or change the color associated with the location.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

scottholmes wrote:It seems that they should hide the locations options or something in the "Month" view as they don't function.
The problem with hiding the locations pane here is that it also functions as a legend for the little building icons on events.
2gerolyn wrote:If we are tallying votes...
For what it's worth, we are tallying votes. It just may be a few months before it makes it into a release.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

jdcr256 wrote:For what it's worth, we are tallying votes.
I'll add my vote to bring the ability back, then. :)
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

jdcr256 wrote:For what it's worth, we are tallying votes.
I am going to put something in the ward bulletin this week to encourage members to log into tech.lds.org and vote for location filtering on month view! ;-)

Lot of hard work in v2...thanks for all the information and updates.
lcizatt

Post by lcizatt »

I'm a stake admin and am solidly in dshepher's camp.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

I vote for it's return to the month view!
sdhtlh

Post by sdhtlh »

I agree that the filter locations in month view should be brought back.
gemss

Post by gemss »

KenRichins wrote:I vote for it's return to the month view!
I'm a stake administrator / building scheduler and I would also vote to enable the "month view".
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lesleyann wrote:I am a bldg schdlr; in v1 there were checkboxes next to each resource that you clicked on when reserving that resouce (room etc) in the bldg when scheduling an event; in v2 no checkboxes exist so no resources can be reserved at the time of scheduling. can you help with this please?

It looks like you haven't read the earlier posts on this thread. The checkboxes still exist in v2; it's just that they only exist in Week view. The Month view has indeed lost the capability for selecting locations with checkboxes. However, you can do everything in Week view that you can do in Month view, so you haven't fundamentally lost that ability. I will certainly agree, however, that some operations become significantly more tedious when you have to wade through many weeks to gather the information that used to be available by looking at a month or two.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Unfortunately there are two "no checkbox for resources" issues. This thread seems mix both.

The first is there's no check boxes for selecting resources when creating/editing an event. (It uses highlight instead).

Then there's no checkboxes for viewing the calender by resource (it's only in week view).
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”