Sorry... data not available (error!)

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

I think this is a configuration error as I have ie9 and do NOT have the error! I have also test on ie8 without the error. I have followed all the steps and can NOT get the error to appear on either my ie8 computer or my ie9 computer. Don't know what is different with my ie settings from those with the error. I beleive it may have more to do with the user log-in then with the browser.
mnmpeterson

Post by mnmpeterson »

Same problem here too. Haven't been able to get into this month's calendar all day.
I get the error when viewing most months in 2011. Probably due to a setting in one or more event on those months. Hope they fix it soon.
bjcoleman

Post by bjcoleman »

RussellHltn wrote:If you call Local Unit Support, there's an option for help with lds.org.
Do you happen to have that number or can you point out to me where that number is located. I've never called before and I don't see anything while poking around LDS.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bjcoleman wrote:Do you happen to have that number or can you point out to me where that number is located. I've never called before and I don't see anything while poking around LDS.org.

It's found in the wiki: Local Unit Support
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
elesel

Post by elesel »

I'm baffled here. Some months return a 500 error on the AJAX call that loads the calendar items. For example, my September calendar fails to load with a 500 error on this call:

https://lds.org/church-calendar/service ... 7999000/L/

However, when I drop down into weekly views instead of monthly I found that while 8/28-9/3 works, the following week returns a 500 error.

The numbers flanking the dash in each URL are in milliseconds since the epoch. I further narrowed the time range down to a very small one, from 9/6/2011 23:31 through 9/7/2011 2:48, and this produces the error as well. Strange thing though, is that we don't have anything on the calendar for this time range.

What I'm seeing so far seems to indicate a problem with the data itself. Any other thoughts?
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

I messed around a bit trying to find a consistent pattern to reproduce the problem. One way that I know for sure to reproduce the problem on my calendar in any month or week is by selecting the Events without locations and one other location in the list. I can also reproduce by selecting three of the locations in the list but not selecting the Events without locations. What I'm thinking is there are either certain types of data (maybe event types or recurrence types) that are causing the problem or amounts of data that are returned. I'll keep testing to try and narrow this down a bit more.

For those that have not seen the error could you try the steps I've listed above? Perhaps start selecting items in the locations list one at a time until they are all selected or you've reproduced the error.
jglanfield

Post by jglanfield »

We only have one location other than "Events without locations". Selecting either or both doesn't cause any problems for us. And Oct and Dec still don't work regardless of what is selected (or unselected).
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

kyleq wrote:I messed around a bit trying to find a consistent pattern to reproduce the problem. One way that I know for sure to reproduce the problem on my calendar in any month or week is by selecting the Events without locations and one other location in the list. I can also reproduce by selecting three of the locations in the list but not selecting the Events without locations. What I'm thinking is there are either certain types of data (maybe event types or recurrence types) that are causing the problem or amounts of data that are returned. I'll keep testing to try and narrow this down a bit more.

For those that have not seen the error could you try the steps I've listed above? Perhaps start selecting items in the locations list one at a time until they are all selected or you've reproduced the error.

I've never seen the error, but I'm also unable to reproduce it. I've tried selecting locations one-at-time starting then selecting them all. It doesn't matter what order I do the selection process. The calendar works fine. I am assuming that we are talking about v1 - correct?
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
jglanfield

Post by jglanfield »

techgy wrote:I've never seen the error, but I'm also unable to reproduce it. I've tried selecting locations one-at-time starting then selecting them all. It doesn't matter what order I do the selection process. The calendar works fine. I am assuming that we are talking about v1 - correct?
Yes, we're talking about v1.
mandjreid

Post by mandjreid »

I've been getting the same error ("Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this application. Please try again later.") for two days now. Like others, I assumed it was due to maintenance, or worried that perhaps it was my configuration, but seeing this thread tells me it's neither of those. In the past I would get that error if I tried changing too many Subscribed Locations at once... so I would just refresh and things would be OK. But for the past two days it's been there regardless of any calendar/location selections I make (all, some, none) -- but only for the months September and December 2011.

If anyone hears of any solutions or workarounds to this, please post it :) (I haven't tried synching from those months to Outlook or iCal).

Return to “Calendar”