Reminder email sent wrong date & time!

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RussBarth

Reminder email sent wrong date & time!

Post by RussBarth »

Title says it all... Leading to great confusion in my stake. I tried to leave feeback on the site, but calendar isn't even an option for the feedback category.

Who can I contact submit a good bug to the dev team for this? Has anyone else seen this? We need to know when we can trust the send reminder function. For now i wouldn't recommend anyone use it! For now it seems using the "send reminder" function is basically a "send bad spam function"

This needs to be fixed asap!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussBarth wrote:Title says it all...
Well, not exactly. Are you specifically talking about calendar reminders that are sent a specified number of days/hours/minutes before the event? And if so, when are the messages sent relative to the event date and the requested date/time?
RussBarth wrote:I tried to leave feeback on the site, but calendar isn't even an option for the feedback category.

Who can I contact submit a good bug to the dev team for this?
You can indeed leave feedback, and that's the best way to report this. Not every specific part of lds.org has its own separate feedback category, so when you are using the Submit Feedback link, you can use "Local Unit Websites" (the new Directory and Calendar are essentially part of the larger local unit website project).
RussBarth wrote:Has anyone else seen this? We need to know when we can trust the send reminder function. For now i wouldn't recommend anyone use it! For now it seems using the "send reminder" function is basically a "send bad spam function"
Yes, plenty of others have seen this. See the thread Notification issue.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”