former stake members receiving notices from cancelled calendar items

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
mpolder

former stake members receiving notices from cancelled calendar items

Postby mpolder » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:13 am

I got an email today from a family that moved out of the stake a few months ago. Evidently they got an email when I cancelled an event on our stake calendar. I assume they are still subscribed, though hopefully one would be automatically unsubscribed when changing units. Is this still in the works?

thanks,
matthew

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:46 am

I don't remember the details, but I think there's some glitches in moving wards. Do you know if their records did in fact go to another ward? Are they still sitting in the old ward waiting for information, or perhaps moved to "Address Unknown"?

Does that other ward have a website?
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

mpolder

Postby mpolder » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:10 pm

I did check to verify that their records have moved out of our stake. I would assume their records were successfully sent as the husband was one of our ward clerks. Don't all wards (U.S and Canada anyways, sorry to be N. America centric) have websites?

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:29 pm

mpolder wrote:Don't all wards (U.S and Canada anyways, sorry to be N. America centric) have websites?
Under the classic LUWS a stake had to submit a request before it was available. It was not automatic. I do not know how the new LUWS will be implemented for those not currently using the classic LUWS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

Return to “Calendar”