Problems with blocking resources

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
printbr

Post by printbr »

We are having problems when blocking a resource or assigning it to either the Stake or a Ward. Whether we choose the whole building or individual resources we get a "Database error, no recources included with this assignment", shown on each day of the calendar that is supposed to be Blocked/Assigned. Is this a normal problem with v1? This is after following exactly, the steps aebrown indicated above.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

printbr wrote:Is this a normal problem with v1?
It's certainly not a normal problem, but it's not unique to you, either. A few other people have reported similar problems on this forum. See the thread New Calendar Managing Resources Assignment Database Error for some information on this problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
printbr

Post by printbr »

Thank you for the help. I found the answer and the problem is solved. You are a great resource as is this forum.
robartsd

Post by robartsd »

preston.baxter wrote:I can confirm the behavior first discussed, as I have double-booked a resource that was assigned to another ward. I did not get any error message or conflict notification. I also agree that this was most likely permitted because I am a BUILDING SCHEDULER, and presumably I should have remembered that I blocked out that resource! It still would have been nice to get an alert.
As previously stated, the system is designed to allow building schedulers (and stake administrators) to override assignments and blocking. I do agree that when doing so, the user ought to be alerted and required to actively override the previous block or assignment rather than having the override automatically applied because the user has permissions to do it.

Return to “Calendar”