Multiple e-mail notifications of the same event

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jhorchemjr
Location: Bonfield, Kankakee County, Illinois, United States of America

Multiple e-mail notifications of the same event

Post by jhorchemjr »

What is going on with the calendar notification of events on lds.org? We are getting 18 to 75 notifications of an event that has been put on the calendar. I am about ready to delete all that have been entered and start over. I fear that the users will begin to ignore the notifications. At the very least it is annoying to have to delete all the duplicates whether they receive them on their computer, smartphone or tablet.

Any suggestions to resolve this? I am the web administrator for the Bourbonnais Ward in the Joliet Illinois Stake. I have not heard that anyone else is having this problem.

Thanks,

James Horchem
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There are multiple threads reporting issues related to e-mail notification issues being sent multiple times, delayed notifications sent immediately, and so on. The closest to the issue you describe is this one - Sending multiple notifications for single event.

The programers have been working to resolve these issues.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

jhorchemjr wrote: I have not heard that anyone else is having this problem.
I think many of us are awaiting the promised updates and have stopped using the "send an email later" feature of the calendar. I still use the "send an email now" and it seems to work, but the "later" feature has never worked quite right.

Return to “Calendar”