Managing Calendar view does not display

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cabrooksby

Managing Calendar view does not display

Post by cabrooksby »

The Managing Calendar display does not display. So I can not manage the calendars that have been created, or edit the Approvers associated with them. What is wrong? I am using Internet Explorer 9 on a Win7 system. Is there a browser issue with the new calendar system?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Works fine for me, IE9, Win7-64.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
cabrooksby

Post by cabrooksby »

I am still having problems. It works on my Iphone with Safari (just slow!!). It works on my work computer with Win7-64 also (I believe I am using IE8 there?!). But when I try it on my home computer, it locks up the dispay of IE and I just have to kill the window. Sometimes, and I mean sometimes, it will start to display the managed calendars, but then locks up still.

Is there some other reason it would be doing this?? Like the Norton Security Suite interfering? Or something? Would like to get this solved, as I mainly manage the calendar system from my home computer. I am a Stake Clerk and so am on this system a lot! Thanks.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You might check that all your programs are up to date and disable any browser add-ons you don't use.

From what you've said, it appears to be an issue with that computer. I'm not sure what else to suggest other then just try different things.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cabrooksby wrote:Is there some other reason it would be doing this?? Like the Norton Security Suite interfering? Or something? Would like to get this solved, as I mainly manage the calendar system from my home computer. I am a Stake Clerk and so am on this system a lot! Thanks.

I know that many people have strong browser preferences, but as a temporary workaround, you might consider installing a different browser such as Firefox, Chrome, or Safari, so that you can use that browser for your Calendar work. That will create some inefficiencies as you switch to a different browser for some tasks, but at least it will allow you to do the Calendar work you need to get done at home.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cabrooksby

Post by cabrooksby »

I switched to Google Chrome and it works fine. I have also seen that with IE that the Descriptions field when looking at the details of an event does not scroll. But in Google Chrome it does. Google Chrome works way faster in everything dealing with the new calendar system. I tried this on my netbook computer and am seeing the same thing with IE and Google Chrome. So is there something in the new programming that IE does not like? Is anyone else seeing these effects?
sharonlower

Post by sharonlower »

[INDENT]Need to UPDATE YOUR Datebase to sync with IPHONE and IPADS
Calendars don't show description updates
I work on my computer at home NOT on IPAD or LAPTOP
Stake Presidency is just as frustrated
[/INDENT]

Return to “Calendar”