Is there a way to suggest changes to the new calendar program?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
imcurtis

Is there a way to suggest changes to the new calendar program?

Post by imcurtis »

I have suggestions for the calendar.

I have a use case. We have a hearing imparred ward in our area. It used to be in our stake but after a recent split they are in another. Their ward boundries cross several stakes and each stake works with them on several projects.

The most frequent project is to provide rides to and from church. As you might imagine communication is difficult on so many levels but there is a calendar that the ward publishes to schedule the drivers and riders.

What would be nice would be for someone at the ward to manage the calendar and it be subscribable, just like the others, to individuals or callings or everyone across all of the stakes and wards that are assigned. Then to make matters even better each individual participent be allowed to subscribe to an individual event.

So I envision the work flow like this.
The ward point of contact will add people and contact info on each day that they need rides, and change that as needed.
I as a member of another stake and ward am given the assignment to drive on the second Sunday of October. So I open the general calendar that will have all of the weeks filled out and I navigate to the second Sunday in October and I subscribe to that event.
Now I can unsubscribe to the general driving calendar but my assignment still populates my calendar and I get updates for that event. I can set reminders and so on. And on Sunday morning, as sometimes happens, all riders cancel, I get an update that I am not needed.

Complicated I know but this same functionality could be used for stake events. Say the stake makes a "music events" calendar but I am only interested in attending the organ recital in June. I can subscribe to that event and unsub to the music calendar.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

imcurtis wrote:I have suggestions for the calendar.

To answer the question in the title of your post, the way to make suggestions that will get back to the Calendar development team is to use the Feedback link that is at the bottom of the lds.org home page.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”