Google Calendar Sync - Not Working

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
DiscGo

Google Calendar Sync - Not Working

Postby DiscGo » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:13 pm

I cannot get the google calendar sync to work for my ward's calendar. I know that some members of our ward have gotten the iCalendar sync going but I don't know of anyone getting the Google calendar working. When I follow the instructions on the website, I get the following message:
"Could not fetch the url."

Is there any reason that the Google Calendar wouldn't be working for me?

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:50 pm

DiscGo wrote:I cannot get the google calendar sync to work for my ward's calendar. I know that some members of our ward have gotten the iCalendar sync going but I don't know of anyone getting the Google calendar working. When I follow the instructions on the website, I get the following message:
"Could not fetch the url."

Is there any reason that the Google Calendar wouldn't be working for me?
Yes there is. See the thread Calendar sync issues for a discussion on this and the thread Workaround to fix calendar sync problems for a workaround solution that works for some people but not everyone.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

DiscGo

Postby DiscGo » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:21 am

This thread has the solution:
https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?6701-Workaround-to-fix-calendar-sync-problems

An awesome guy named samliddicott setup a proxy calendar which works great.

Return to “Calendar”