ScottNussbaum wrote:New clue?
Perhaps there is a formatting issue with the ics file that is affecting me and others. Trying to import that data into an existing Google calendar from the saved file, I received the following error from Google:[color=red]
"Failed to import events: Unable to process your iCal/CSV file..
Error at line 5872: Expected [VEVENT], read [VCALENDAR]"
I ran into the same error trying to sync with Google calendar. I then downloaded the ics file and tried importing it manually without success. Finally, I ran it through an ics validator (http://severinghaus.org/projects/icv/) and realized the ics file itself is not formatted correctly. The validator stopped the first time it ran into a truncated start date:
This should have been formatted so it included a time as well so it looked like this:
As I manually looked at the ics file, I realized that most of the dates were wrong. An appointment that shows up on Feb 13th on the online calendar would be listed as Feb 14 (20110214) in the ics file.
I would appreciate it if someone else could look at their ics file and see if you have something similar going on. I recognize this may be a bit of a tangent from the main focus of this thread, but it could explain why a lot of people are having problems syncing since several descriptions I have read here (such as a long wait for a failed import in Google calendar) match what I am experiencing.
For what it is worth, I set up syncing with the new.lds.org feed in Google calendar a month or two ago without any problems, but the feed no longer is being updated. I tried to set up syncing with the new lds.org feed but no luck with that (or with the www trick) since it can't read the flawed ics file. I also used the wrapper script to download the ics file but, as expected, it shows the same flawed ics format (since it simply passes along the content).