Event notification received by former out-of-unit member

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
User avatar
cottrells
Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:14 am
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Contact:

Event notification received by former out-of-unit member

Postby cottrells » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:24 am

We recently sent an event reminder using the new church-calendar. The notification was received by a former senior missionary, now returned home and serving as Branch President in his own unit. While he was serving on his mission, he served as branch clerk and a he was added as an out-of-unit member to the local MLS. That record was been deleted when he returned home in October and yet he finds
I am having problems with the local calendar which may be caused by my records still being attached to the Poole Stake somehow. When I go to the the calendar page, it just reloads continually. After I returned home, I was getting both the local calendar and Weymouth/Poole stake calendar together. I unchecked the Poole areas and only the local calendar was then displayed.

Any ideas? I looked for the feedback link on the calendar site, but they seem to have gone!

nutterb
Member
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:06 am
Location: Shaker Heights, OH, USA

Postby nutterb » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:51 am

Just a guess, but if they had access to the classic LUWS while in your unit, they should have been added by a stake administrator through the classic LUWS system as described here. Perhaps you could ask a stake administrator to look into whether or not they were removed from there.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14685
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:56 am

cottrells wrote:Any ideas? I looked for the feedback link on the calendar site, but they seem to have gone!


Although there is no feedback link on the calendar pages themselves right now, you can always use the Submit Feedback link on the home page of lds.org.

As for the original problem, I would look in CDOL in his old stake and have the stake clerk in his home stake do the same, to see if the out-of-unit calling is listed there. The fix might well need to be made in CDOL, which has its own internal Feedback link.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

User avatar
cottrells
Member
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:14 am
Location: Bournemouth, UK
Contact:

Postby cottrells » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:14 am

nutterb wrote:Just a guess, but if they had access to the classic LUWS while in your unit, they should have been added by a stake administrator through the classic LUWS system as described here. Perhaps you could ask a stake administrator to look into whether or not they were removed from there.

Living in the UK we were not blessed to have use of the classic LUWS. We created the record to create an MLS login as he served as branch clerk.


aebrown wrote:Although there is no feedback link on the calendar pages themselves right now, you can always use the Submit Feedback link on the home page of lds.org.

As for the original problem, I would look in CDOL in his old stake and have the stake clerk in his home stake do the same, to see if the out-of-unit calling is listed there. The fix might well need to be made in CDOL, which has its own internal Feedback link.

I will use the feedback link on the home page of lds.org. The Get Help section in the calendar help wiki needs updating.

I have access to CDOL and found although not listed as the clerk, there was still an entry for him in another position that he served in. I will work with the current clerk to update MLS/CDOL so that he is no longer listed in Weymouth. This may be a case of MLS updates not being fully reflected in CDOL. We've had others and I know how to get them fixed (using the feedback).

Thanks for your help

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1454
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Postby jonesrk » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:01 am

cottrells wrote:This may be a case of MLS updates not being fully reflected in CDOL. We've had others and I know how to get them fixed (using the feedback).

Now with MLS 3.3 you can fix them yourself as well, see this post.
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk


Return to “Calendar”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest